To get started with Bitstamp, please follow the below instructions.
Note: Bitstamp is a business that is wholly independent of Bitcoin. Bitcoin does not endorse Bitstamp, nor does Bitcoin make any representations or warranties with respect to Bitstamp’s services. It is advisable to always conduct your own due diligence before trusting your money to any third party.
The following general instructions are provided by Bitcoin, solely for your reference. Please be aware that the tools and UI provided by Bitstamp, as described below, could potentially change and we cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the description below.
To purchase BTC you will first need to open and verify your Bitstamp account. When the account verification is successfully completed, you will be able to deposit funds and purchase BTC.
OPEN BITSTAMP ACCOUNT
1. To open a Bitstamp account visit: https://www.bitstamp.net/account/register/
2. Enter your information. An email with username and password will be sent to your registered email address.
3. Use the provided user name and password to login to your newly created Bitstamp account: https://www.bitstamp.net/account/login/
4. Change the password as prompted upon login.
5. For additional security, enabling two-factor authentication is recommended: https://www.bitstamp.net/account/security/two-factor-authentication/
1. To submit a verification request visit: https://www.bitstamp.net/account/verify/
2. Enter the required information and upload your documents. Click SUBMIT VERIFICATION REQUEST to proceed.
3. Verification request is now submitted. Bitstamp will review it and send the results to your registered email address.
4. If you require further assistance with account verification, please open a support ticket here: https://www.bitstamp.net/support/
5. Once successfully verified, you will be able to deposit funds and purchase BTC.
1. To deposit funds visit: https://www.bitstamp.net/account/deposit/
2. Select the preferred bank transfer method in the left-side menu (SEPA or International wire).
3. Fill out the required information and press DEPOSIT to proceed.
4. On the next page, Bitstamp’s banking details will be provided. To deposit funds to your Bitstamp account, please send the transfer to the provided bank account from a bank account held in your name.
5. When the funds are credited to your Bitstamp balance, you will receive a notification to your registered email address. You can check your account balance here: https://www.bitstamp.net/account/balance/
6. Now you are ready to purchase BTC.
1. First you will need to select the correct market (BTC/USD, BTC/EUR, BTC/BTC), depending on which currency you wish to use to purchase BTC.
2. Visit the »Buy/Sell« section: https://www.bitstamp.net/market/order/instant/
3. Choose »BUY BTC«. Enter the amount you wish to spend into the »I want to spend« window. Click Buy BTC to confirm.